Eyelid surgery is used to correct problems that are a result of aging, while others due to inherited traits seek treatment in their 20s or 30s.
Eyelid Surgery can be used to correct any of the following problems:
• excess skin obscuring the natural fold of the upper eyelids
• loose skin hanging down from the upper eyelids, perhaps impairing vision
• a puffy appearance to the upper eyelids, making the eyes look tired
• excess skin and fine, creepy wrinkles of the lower eyelids
• bags and dark circles under the eyes, often with a depression along the bony
border of the lower eyelids
• droopiness of the lower eyelids, showing white below the iris (colored portion of
Aesthetic eyelid surgery can usually correct these problems, though other cosmetic treatments may also need to be considered. Your plastic surgeon will select the surgical technique that he feels will be best for you.